KOR, thanks for the continued effort there. I appreciate it. If my hunch below had failed I would have tried your suggestion. Fortunately, I didn't have to.
There was probably a more graceful way to handle this but I didn't know the easy way to do it so I went a little overboard to "get 'er done". ...I was tired of screwing with it, and I needed those client email addresses with me while on the road.
I'll appoligize now because I'm not a technical writer and the following steps may be hard to follow.
I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop Manager. I went to the BlackBerryFAQ
looking for a way to completely remove all traces of the software and settings once uninstalled. What I found
instead was a way to remove sync settings without uninstalling the product. Before
taking those steps I first reverted it back to an mailbox only sync, and then set it to wirelessly sync all folders. I changed some data, confirmed good syncing and then went about deleting old settings for the Desktop Manager. I then started up the Desktop Manager and hooked up the USB cable and clicked on syncing. When I saw the message on the PC that the device was set for wireless sync I changed the Contacts and Notes back to _not_ sync wirelessly. In the Desktop Manager I added the two Public Folders with shared company Contacts and shared company Notes for wired sync. After a full sync all Contacts now show email addresses and street addresses.
This was a wierd one. One set of Contacts (the one from my mailbox) synced with full info. The other folder (a Public Folder) had started to not sync certain fields. Well, its back to normal now with both folders for Contacts and Notes syncing with the USB cable. Messages and Meetings sync wirelessly.