View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
seaswho

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sasktel
Post Thanks: 0
Default Works great, but resets..

Thanks for the great set of instructions. I was able to hunt down the proper QPST and use it on my Sasktel 8330 running ver 4.5.o.127. I have been pestering Sasktel for a year to see if I could get the GPS feature working and all they could tell me is that " we don't support it, but will be doing so soon". One of the main reasons I chose this phone was to have the GPS feature.

I was thrilled to find these great instructions and even more thrilled when I walked outside and connected quickly. (I tried the Garmin software at one point, but it doesn't fix it. I needed to use the instructions for QPST)

When I went to use the GPS today, it would not work. I went back into the QPST file and the PDE IP Address and the PDE Port number had both reverted back to I presume was the original setting. It may be Sasktel sends a refresh signal at some point or else the phone does it's own internal refresh. ( I did power the phone down last night, so that may be the reason) I will test that and report back) I have reset them again to the Telus and will see how long they last. Does anyone know if there is a way to use QPST to lock these down so they don't change back?

Thanks again for the PDF instructions..
Offline   Reply With Quote