View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nelson1960

Model: simul
PIN: N/A
Carrier: N/A Simulator
Post Thanks: 0
Default Some Simulators have MDS Connectivity Issues on my PC

Please Login to Remove!

I have installed some BB simulators on my PC such as 9630, 8110, and a suite of older ones like 7780, 7750, etc.
I have read many of the older threads about MDS connectivity issues, and I set up my MDS and made the run.bat Java directory assignments and changed the c switch to k etc., so I can keep the cmd window open and read what is going on with MDS.

Here is the problem: I start up MDS and get a "web server started" dialogue, and I can run a 7780 handheld simulator and it will connect to the internet. When I visit pages on the simulator I can see MDS cycling through numerous lines, responding to the requests.

But if I run MDS with the 8110 or 9630 simulators, I just get the "unable to connect to the selected MDS, please try again later" message, and the MDS cmd window makes no responses at all.

Is there some configuration step that I am missing for the later simulators? I guess it isn't an MDS problem because MDS runs fine for the 7780 etc.
I am running jdk1.5.0_20. I am a .NET web programmer and I don't have a Blackberry and I wanted to use some of the simulators to view some specialized web pages that I am going to put together for handhelds.

Thanks if anyone can help guide me in the right direction here.
Offline   Reply With Quote