View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
So I have gone through 3 car chargers now with the Tour. Yes, I understand that the battery life blows on this (which makes finding a car charger that much more important):

Started off with a brand new car charger that I had purchased for my Curve (The grey Nextel one with mini-USB) and added the mini--->micro-USB adapter.....no charge at all (doesn't even give indication that it's plugged in).

Bought the $30 Sprint micro-USB charger - have to force it into the charging port and then have to hold device with entire left hand to pull out. Tried 2 others in the store and they were all the same. They also barely charged the device at all....

Yesterday, I bought a $20 Rocketcharger from Best Buy.....fits much better but is barely adding a charge to my device....

what gives here? Ideally, I'd like to find a charger that allows me to use the adapter so that I can charge other things in my car (other people's Curves, my SkyCaddy, etc) but can't find a mini-USB charger that works with the Moto adapter.....any suggestions?
Some chargers dont charge as quick in the car as it is. Also, using non-OEM chargers can damage your device by overcharging it. By reading ur description, i havent found that you have tried any Blackberry Chargers. That might be something you can try, an actual OEM Blackberry charger.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote