View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict
Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
So I have gone through 3 car chargers now with the Tour. Yes, I understand that the battery life blows on this (which makes finding a car charger that much more important):

Started off with a brand new car charger that I had purchased for my Curve (The grey Nextel one with mini-USB) and added the mini--->micro-USB charge at all (doesn't even give indication that it's plugged in).

Bought the $30 Sprint micro-USB charger - have to force it into the charging port and then have to hold device with entire left hand to pull out. Tried 2 others in the store and they were all the same. They also barely charged the device at all....

Yesterday, I bought a $20 Rocketcharger from Best Buy.....fits much better but is barely adding a charge to my device....

what gives here? Ideally, I'd like to find a charger that allows me to use the adapter so that I can charge other things in my car (other people's Curves, my SkyCaddy, etc) but can't find a mini-USB charger that works with the Moto adapter.....any suggestions?
Some chargers dont charge as quick in the car as it is. Also, using non-OEM chargers can damage your device by overcharging it. By reading ur description, i havent found that you have tried any Blackberry Chargers. That might be something you can try, an actual OEM Blackberry charger.
Don't let anger take over you...but take over your anger, so JOY may take over you, and EVERYONE around you...- xxDruMMer BoYxx

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote