View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
niceonedave
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0

I don't know exactly what the device.xml and vendor.xml files are used for, but I have had a look at the files I have and this is what I have noticed.

In device.xml there is an entry for my device, the 8900:

<os model="8900" radio="GPRS-WLAN" series="Javelin" Colour="True" Theme="Normal" JVMLevel="1.0" Camera="True" VideoRecorder="True" VoiceNotes="True" pttApp="True" Memory="Large" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Sound="Tunes8700g" SystemSize="normal" Bluetooth="True" MMS="True" GPS="True" ThemeSupport="Enhanced" VAD="True" JPN_Input="True">0x84001503</os>

The hardware ID 0x84001503 matches up with what the blackberry manager says for this device.

The blackberry manager also reports platform version 4.2.0.94 and blackberry version 4.6.1.168. In the vendor.xml file I can find an entry under Vodafone (which is the Network I am on)

<bundle id="System" version="4.6.1.176">
<devicehwid>0x84001503</devicehwid>
</bundle>

But as you can see the version number here is different from the blackberry version reported in the Blackberry Manager. Is this something that I should be concerned about? Should there be an entry that matches my blackberry version and hardware ID?
Offline   Reply With Quote