I agree, the application is useless at this point. My biggest gripe is that they cant scale or zoom (in/out) the display. I have been able to display a map on the Storm however it starts at the upper-left hard corner and takes forever to get where you want. The zoom is too great and the GPS doesn't work at all. My advice is don't spend any money on the maps 'till they get the program perfected. Last word I got from SkyLab is that they are working on it. I have a feeling this is a start up company with a bunch of student programers that don't own a Storm and would like to make as much money while they can. It's a good idea but not ready for the real topo users. If it did work I would buy more map packages.
Here is a list of the limitations as I see it:
1. Default zoom is to tight and no ability to change (like other map apps)
2. GPS not functioning.
3. Occasionally jumps to LAT00 LON00 and freezes.
4. LAT/LONG display WAY off from mat location.
5. Doesn't remember the last map used.
6. The app does not always start.
I;ve been in the search and rescus business for years and this app would be a usefull tool IF IT WORKED.