| | Unable To Access Wifi
Please Login to Remove!
I am a newbie for blackberries. I recently got a curve 8900. i have an unlimited BIS data plan BUT i am unable to connect to my home wifi router. i have done the following to establish a working connection but havent suceeded yet:
1. changed WPA-Personal TKIP key to WEP key which is supported by 8900. no results!!
2. changed WEP key to NO SECURITY on router's end. no results!!
3. repeatedly deleted WIFI Profiles and get them detected after scanning with different set of encryptions. no results!!
4. changed the option of browser to HOTSPOT BROWSER in the advanced option from internet browser. no results!!
5. battery pull on all the above steps. still no results!!
6. disabling APN from TCP/IP in "Advance Options", then adding IP/DNS, and then again making it to acquire IP/DNS automatically. but no results!!
My phone detects and connects to my offfice router which is without any encrption, but cannot connect to home router! despite all the above. though the home screen shows the SSID and the device says "connected to the router" but the wifi icon remains grey (inactive) and there is a grey dash (-) instead of green tick in connection manager!!!!
following is the configuration at present after wifi diagnostics:
Current Profile: ROUTER1
AP MAC Address: 00:0F:66:2C:**:**
Security Type: WEP
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Signal Level: -57 dBm
Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps
Status: Network acquired
Secure Device IP:
Status: VPN profile is not found.
Authenticating router: N/A
Authenticating server: N/A
following is the settings at my router side
default transmit key# 1
WEP Encryption64 bits 10 hex digits
key 1: 0**********7
key 2: 2**********8
key 3: 9**********1
key 4: B**********E
MAC Address: 00:0F:66:2C:**:**
my router is a linksys WRT54G & my laptops, iPOD Touch and Nokia N & E series phones work fine with them!!!!!!
i would appreciate if anyone can give a solution plz.
Thankz in advance