Thread: 3G Tethering.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
ASH_CR

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ICE
Post Thanks: 0

Hi guys. I have been reading a lot of threads about tethering and I just didn't know in which of all them post my question, so I'm doing it here since it's a kind of new thread.
I have a Curve 8320 and I'm using it in Costa Rica without a BB plan. I only have a regular cell phone plan plus a GPRS/EDGE data plan, not the BB plan. In Costa Rica your phone connects either GPRS or EDGE depending on the area where you are located at that moment.
I use the GPRS/EDGE connection with Opera and it works just fine.
My question is since the data plan is unlimited if I want to use my BB as a data connection to my laptop do I need any special application for tethering (via EDGE or GPRS) like Tetherberry or a similar or can I do it some other way. I have seen other people use Tetherberry as a way to work some carrier restrictions around, but in my plan there are no restrictions.
Meanwhile I'm swapping the GSM chip to another phone running Windows Mobile and running the built-in internet sharing application, my laptop works perfectly like that. I just wish I could get rid of the other phone and being able to do it with the Curve.
Thanks in advance.
Offline   Reply With Quote