View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Post Thanks: 0

Always backup and/or sync! The SIM card is not a viable backup solution. SIM phonebook support is there to allow you to import numbers that you had saved on your SIM on your prior phone. Once you're on the BB you need to backup/sync your phonebook (all data, for that matter) with a PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Is there anyone to export them say onto a USB drive to save them? Or just save them on my computer somewhere? Is there a export contact feature on the Blackberry?

Kinda like when export your bookmarks from IE or Firefox.. Is there such feature for contact on a BB?

I dont use Outlook for personal use.. just at work.
I'd highly recommend Outlook. It syncs very well (via Desktop Manager) with the BB's address book, calendar, memo pad and tasks. However, you can also use the ASCII importer/exporter (one of the sync options) if you just want a text file with your contact data.

If you just want a backup you can use the Backup utility in Desktop Manager either. Just be aware that you can only restore backups made with this utility to a BB. That is, unless you also purchase something like ABC Amber converter.

Last edited by takeshi : 09-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote