View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel
Post Thanks: 6
Question QQ - Exams BCP-410 & BCP-411

Please Login to Remove!

I'm currently preparing exam BCP-411 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino Environment. Having a lot of my BES peers supporting the Exchange BES, I asked about the types of questions which may appears in the exam BCP-410 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in a Micorsoft Exchange Environment. I thought to myself and that the only difference must be in the mail platform and everything else BlackBerry should be tested the same. I heard about testing on knowledge of S/MIME, PGP, VPN, WLAN etc... for the BlackBerry portions of the questions. Well how I am wrong when I compare their respective exam objective. It appears that BCP-411 objectives stated in the exam guide is purely BES related. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong? Could it be that the exam guide has mis-informed the Domino candidates? Could someone verify?

Below shows the 2 different sets of exam objectives:-

(1) BCP-410 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in a Micorsoft Exchange Environment Exam Objectives

Section 1 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation and upgrade
• Explain how to verify and configure prerequisites, requirements, and permissions for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server • Explain how to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software • Describe how to upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Section 2 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry device user configuration
• Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Domain using BlackBerry Manager • Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using BlackBerry Manager • Describe how configure a BlackBerry device user account • Describe how to create and maintain software configurations • Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server components • Describe how to activate BlackBerry devices over the wireless network

Section 3 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration
• Describe how to create, edit, and assign WLAN configuration sets • Describe how to administer BlackBerry device user accounts with BlackBerry Manager • Assign software configurations • Demonstrate understanding of the BlackBerry Enterpriseฎ Server User Administration Tool • Demonstrate an understanding of the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service

Section 4 - Securing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server environment
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of IT policies • Demonstrate understanding of the configuration of S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerryฎ devices and PGPฎ Support Package BlackBerryฎ devices for in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server • Demonstrate an understanding of application control policies • Explain how to enable and implement the ESP • Explain how to enable and implement the access control lists • Explain the purpose of role-based administration • Explain the configuration of BlackBerry Enterprise Server components in the DMZ

Section 5 - Maintaining the BlackBerry solution
• Describe methods of implementing a disaster recovery plan • Use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit to analyze BlackBerry Enterprise Server performance • Describe options for BlackBerry Enterprise Server monitoring

Section 6 - Troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Solution • Describe the functionality of BlackBerry Enterprise Service components • Discuss data flow in the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution • Demonstrate understanding of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server log files • Interpret statistics and statuses in BlackBerry Manager • Diagnose and recommend resolutions for system administration issues related to the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution

(2) BCP-411 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino Environment Exam Objectives

Section 1 - Planning the BlackBerry environment
• Explain the functionality of the components in a BlackBerry environment. • Review and explain the existing mail and database architecture. • Plan for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation. • Plan for a Blackberry environment including scalability, disaster recovery and supportability.

Section 2 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation • Install/upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Deploy desktop applications and BlackBerry devices.

Section 3 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration
• Manage BlackBerry user accounts. • Manage BlackBerry devices. • Secure the environment. • Monitor the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Administer the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Configure the BlackBerry MDS and Instant Messaging. • Configure the remote BlackBerry components.

Section 4 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot BlackBerry Enterprise Server issues. • Troubleshoot user account and BlackBerry device issues.

Last edited by noname : 09-10-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote