View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 1

I had questioned several different reps in person and over the phone about the early termination fees being waived, they said "Absolutely not, you void your alltel contract you pay the price" which is absurd.

They're making this merger overly complicated, but for good reason...they're making a frickin' killing taking people's money for those early termination fees and new phones. They lost me as a customer.

EDIT: Found this on alltel's website...

"Can I switch to Verizon Wireless now instead of waiting until the transition period is over?
Alltel customers who switch to Verizon Wireless before the transition is complete will make a standard application for Verizon Wireless service and be subject to any Alltel terms and conditions applicable to terminations, which may include early termination fees. By switching, you will gain access to Verizon Wireless plans and the companyxxx8217;s full suite of services such as VZ Navigator, V CAST Music with Rhapsody and the robust Verizon Wireless device lineup."

"Will I need to purchase a new wireless device after the conversion?
In most cases, no. Most Alltel customers' wireless devices will work on the Verizon Wireless network after conversion. Based on wireless device testing to date, a small percentage of Alltel customers (less than 1 percent) may need to replace their wireless devices for use on the Verizon Wireless network after the conversion. These are older wireless devices that do not contain the chipset required to receive over-the-air software changes to enable the wireless device to work on the Verizon Wireless network. Customers who want to take advantage of Verizon Wireless data services, such as VZ Navigator, V CAST and others, or choose to migrate early to Verizon Wireless will need to purchase a Verizon Wireless device."

Summed up - "We're going to take over your service, shaft you like there's no tomorrow every which way we can, make this transition the most difficult thing you've ever had to endure in your life, and then re-assure you that our service rocks but is actually worse and more expensive than what you were/are getting with Alltel."

So in order to cancel my alltel contract for a verizon contract which is what Verizon wants me to do, I have to pay Verizon $200 per line because Alltel IS Verizon. Oh, don't forget that my phones will work with Verizon...BUT not with Verizon's data and extra services, so I'm going to need to buy new phones as well in order to see the full service that Verizon has to offer their customers. So $200 per line to cancel my Alltel contract which is technically a Verizon contract, X amount for new phone(s)...only to to be provided less service for more money than I had with Alltel. Wonder why they didn't just say this to begin with, it sounds so promising!

Last edited by johnnyrichter : 09-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote