View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
redliine
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Post Thanks: 1
Default Browser works but BBM does not.. unlocked improperly? please help!

Please Login to Remove!

Phone: Bold 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Version: .190

I recently bought a 3 week old Bold off of craigslist. I got my SIM in there and everything works great except for BBM. I cannot add any contacts to my contact list which has 0 contacts. It just shows contacts pending. The browser works fine.

I called Tech support a number of times. Re/re the whole phone, battery pulls etc.. i re/re bbm as well. Still not working.

I contacted tech support again to ask for more assistance. This guy said the phone is probably stolen or else it is unlocked improperly. Now this is the first unlocked phone I have ever had but I have never heard this and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this.

He suggested that I go and get it unlocked again (properly). I do not know how to unlock any phones. I also don't care that this phone is unlocked because I am a rogers customer anyway.

For the record I also have a fido contract and I put my fido sim card in there and it worked fine (could make phone calls) so as far as the physical abilities of an unlocked device is concerned i think the unlock part of this phone is fine but I could be wrong still.

I was just hoping/ wondering if anyone had any feedback on this issue because this phone is useless to me without berry messenger. Any help or advice would really be appreciated!

Thanks

ps. I will have my eyes glued to this thread if anyone has any additional questions about my situation. thanks again.