View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
dan_k

Model: tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default For you bb gurus - notifications challenge for Tour

Please Login to Remove!

I'm struggling to get the notifications the way I like it for the tour. Please help if you can. Here is what I would like.

Generally, I want a ring tone and no other notifications when the phone rings. I want no other notifications at all for any other activity (email, text, calender, etc.) And when I am in a meeting, I want vib only for phone and no other notifications. So far, no problem. I set up a custom notification scheme that does this for me.

Now, here is the challenge. I would like a personal ring tone when my wife and when my home phone number calls. The problem is, this seems to trump when I put the phone in my custom meeting notification scheme. In other words, when these numbers call the BB when I'm in a meeting, it rings audibly with the assigned ring tone instead of vibrating.

Again, what I want in general is ring only for phone notification and no other notifications. Vib only for phone when in a meeting, and no other notifications. Personalized ring tone for home and wife, except when in a meeting, I want these numbers to vib, too.

I will dub anyone who helps me solve this the ninja Jedi knight of the Blackberry. Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote