| | File Free & file system size
Please Login to Remove!
I'm confused with File Free amount on my Bold 9000. Although I've searched on Google and this forum, I still cannot find answer for my problem.
1) I check File Free in Options -> Status, it says File Free is about 27 MB.
2) I choose Explore from Media, there're 2 root directories:
/Device Memory: 859 MB total size
/System: 99.7 MB total size
Inside /System/, there're many sample images, ring tones, 2 sample musics, 2 sample videos. 2 sample videos take about 72 MB.
3) As many people suggest that deleting sample files (video, musics) would increase File Free, I delete those 2 videos by choosing delete in Video application of Media.
However, File Free doesnot increase to 99 MB (27 + 72) as I hoped (!), it's still around 27 MB.
4) I've also checked this artical from blackberry:
www _dot_ blackberry _dot_ com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15 345
They said that: File Free = Total Flash Memory - Application Total Size - Database Size
5) My Bold's Application Total Size reported by BDM is: 64 MB
Database Size is about 2.5 MB
--> My questions are:
1) /System/ doesnot relate to File Free?
2) /Device Memory/ + /System/ is ~ 1000 MB, so I guess those 2 directories made up Bold's 1G internal storage. Is it right?
Can someone explain why it need to split into 2 directories? Files in /System/ seem to be harder to delete than files in /Device Memory/
3) If I get it right, Bold's Total Flash Memory = 128 MB. Then File Free should be 128 - 64 - 2.5 = 61.5 MB.
So where is my 34.5 MB (61.5 - 27)? Is it consumed by Blackberry for loading and running applications?
Sorry if my post is long and hard to understand.
I'm very much confusing about Blackberry's File Free.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.