| | Diary of a BES 3.6 - 4.x in place upgrade (Exchange)
Please Login to Remove!
Comments are welcome:
Performing in place upgrade today. Later on we will move BES off the exchange server 2000 to it's own machine. I know having BES on exchange server isn't the best config, but I inherited that issue. Doing inplace upgrade to 4 with all SPs and HFs then will migrate to new server later.
-80 Blackberries in NA
Procedure I'm following:
1. Backup Blackberry Database.
2. Send Lipman Email.
3. Send email to Berry users.
4. Run Through upgrade requirements checklist from manual.
5. Reboot Farmexch and test email and berry email. Just to verify can reboot.
6. Install MDAC2.8 on WELEXCH and reboot. Test all ok. Testing with smaller environment first.
7. Install MDAC2.8 on FARMEXCH and reboot. Test Exchange and Berry communication.
8. Install MSDE SP3a update to Microsoft SQL Desktop edition.
9. Test exchange and berry communication.
10. Install Latest Java VM and restart if necessary.
11. Test exchange and berry communication.
12. Upgrade 3.6BES to 3.6sp6. Latest service pack.
13. Test Exchange and Berry communication.
14. Upgrade 3.6BESSP6 to HotFix1.
15. Test Exchange and Berry communication.
16. Upgrade to 4.0. Will take about 30 minutes for DB updates.
17. Check services. 4.x Berrys will "activate" for 90minutes. Older Berrys will remain functional.
18. Test exchange and Berry communication.
19. Update to 4.3sp3
20. Test exchange and Berry communication.
21. Update to 4.3sp3 hotfix 2.
22. Test exchange and berry communication.
History: PB32, 9800, 9700, 8310, 8700, 7100r, 7780, 7280, 6710, 957, 950
Last edited by morser : 12-26-2005 at 09:07 PM.