This will load on ANY carrier's 8330 by following the instructions below.
This is only for the 8330 model (ESN based models)
Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone
Package Version: 18.104.22.1685
* Applications: 22.214.171.124
* Software Platform: 126.96.36.199
* File name: 8330AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel295_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.206_Spr int_L.P.exe
* File size: 83.17MB
Download the OS file here: From Sprint: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E From Verizon: http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
For the previous OS, see this link: OS: 8330 220.127.116.111/18.104.22.168 ESN Devices (Multilanguage) How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device.
From the main menu, select Options, then select Status.
ESN devices - On the Status screen you will see ESN on the display
MEID devices xxx8211; On the Status screen you will see MEID on the display.
NOTE xxx8211; You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.