I made my choice---even on the eve of the Storm 2 and Bold 2 announcements. I took the Tour. Its more of a carrier choice.
1. They had a cheaper data plan.
2. That cheaper data plan is faster than the equivalent I would pay on the other carriers.
3. That cheaper data plan only ties me up for one year, not two.
4. Cheaper calls and text messages to the Philippines.
5. Though not perfect, I prefer the quality of their data connection over the other two, one of whom just recently entered the 3G world that late. The carrier I'm using my Tour now, is hooked up with my cable internet provider, which has some good back end connections.
6. Fact that I get it now, instead of waiting till Christmas, which is the estimated time I would expect the Bold 2 and Storm 2 to get to the island.
7. Availability of 2100 3G UMTS, which makes it easier for roaming in Asia. Though the Bold 2 might have this too.
Still, I would have preferred the Bold 2 from the hardware view point, the appearance, the faster CPU, OS 5.0 included (which may come for the Tour as well), Wifi included.
Metaphorically, the choice is akin to Verizon/Tour vs. AT&T/Bold2. Better network vs. better hardware.
I am @guamguy at Twitter.
Last edited by Drillbit : 10-22-2009 at 01:45 AM.