Thread: Which OS
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowwy66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Post Thanks: 0

i use the beta 5 on my curve. no problem using google. problem with standalone units is all it does is gps. with google, u basically have 411. meaning u can find businesses and phone numbers. a lot more features that make google nicer then using standalone units.

and google has updated software. version 3.2.0 is the latest. it does have a quirk getting setup on 5. but once setup. works better then version 3.0.2

i've noticed some basic features missing on tour. microsoft live doesn't work on both v and s carrier. no facebook icon. or call log icon. so all call logs are mixxed with email on the same messages icon. even though there a email icon. and no themes loaded in phone to change. so i can have all my icons on one screen. like i have on my curve. instead of having to go to downloads or apps folder.

going to upgrade the tour to 5.0. even though its beta still. i not liking the tour compare to the curve, which has been out 18 months longer. i did't like the 4 software but the tour really sucks.
Offline   Reply With Quote