View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
i have 5 loaded on the curve. and recently i tried using phone as modem. but no luck. using the sprint smartview software. keep getting some error about a computer or something not responding. looks like rim has a service pack for 5.0 desktop software. it includes tethering. but it won't connect either.

is this a 5.0 issue? do i need to go back in time and load 4.5? or did sprint somehow shut down the use of tethering?

i have pc running vista and laptop running xp sp3. tethering is a no go now.

NOW, when running the desktop software. it don't list sprint or verizon in the protocal list. anyone know how to add the profile for sprint in the software. and what protocols to add to sprint specific profile???

username and password. which according to sprint doesn't exist anymore becuase of the blackberry. i think it also applies to windows mobile phones. basically sprint don'[t need a username and password to make the internet work anymore. and they dont' provide you with sprint pcs email now.

desktop software also asks for access point????
Sprint shut down tethering if you don't have a tethering plan added to your account.
Offline   Reply With Quote