View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus
Post Thanks: 0

Good evening!

Thought i'd pitch in here to the group (as I did reply to this email). The way any aftermarket sync software works is that it parses through all the information, figure out what has changed, and then performs a differential sync.

In this case, 2200 contacts is quite a lot, and while the Bold could handle it (as it has a faster processor than say, the Curve 8300), it will still take a lot of oomph to do so. Customers generally with >1000 contacts, >1000 events etc, are advised to do either BES or a USB cable sync. The limitations are as follows:

1) Insufficient processing power to complete an analysis within the timeout period (15-30 minutes) depending on network timout times.
2) Customers with a lot of data are more prone to corruption issues - this can be resolved by log fetching, but I am not fond of selling a product that I do not believe will work well.

At the end of the day, any aftermarket sync software is not a replacement for BES - simply an alternative - ergo, the price difference is substantial....

Hope that helps clarify things!