View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
dcushing

Model: 7100t
Post Thanks: 0
Default badmailfrom replies - cannot email work

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7100 on T-Mobile. I have set up a blackberry email account. I have also set up my work email account on it and can receive emails from this account fine. What I cannot do is reply to or write to any work address using this account. It bounces back saying I'm on the badmailfrom list.

Our email server is qmail. The badmailfrom list includes the work domain to prevent email address spoofing. Two ways I know to get around this are 1) set up the blackberry to authenticate to our SMTP server and use it to send email, or 2) use the balckberry account with a Reply To address of the work address (a method available in many email clients).

T-mobile and RIM say that there is no way to use another SMTP server.

Setting up the Reply To also changes the Return Path, so I still get the badmailfrom reply (headers sent to a gmail account from both work account and blackberry account are identical...they shouldn't be. Return path should be blackberry account.) RIM says there is nothing they can do.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and what is the solution?

I am not using BES, just Internet Email.

BTW - I have three associates with Blackberries at work and they all can write to and reply to email with a reply address of their work address. Two of these use T-Mobile, but they first configured them back when T-mobile still used the Blackbery Web Client interface, and not the current Blackberry Internet Email Interface. The other has a Cingular account, which still uses trhe Blackberry Web Client interface and has ALOT more configuration options than T-Mobile supplies.

Please help.

many thanks
Don