View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Little Titan

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Post Thanks: 0
Default Help! Crazy Data usage spike

Please Login to Remove!

I've had this Curve for over a year. My plan originally included 5MB of data which has always been just enough. I would go over by a bit here and then, but we're talking about $5 worth of going over. My average usage was about 5.4MB steadily.

Out of the blue about a month ago my phone started doing weird things. I would get my emails twice, then not at all for almost an entire day, then they would all show up in multiples the following morning. Couple hours later my phone was disconnected. I called telus and they told me the account was shut down due to an extreme data over use. I haven't been receiving or sending any more emails then usual, haven't gotten any extra large attachments, but all of a sudden my data use surged up to some 65MB.

Long story short my plan was updated to include 500MB and I was told the charges were supposed to be dropped. When I was talking to the tech he couldn't figure out what could be going on with the BB and suggested I update to a new software version and that this could have been the issue.

I got my next statement and the data usage has now skyrocketed to 189MB! I also got charged some $900 worth of data usage even though the plan was supposedly upgraded. I haven't changed my habits in how I use the phone. I almost NEVER surf the net, I don't use it for anything other then checking my email and occasionally FBook.. I don't receive large attachments, I've gone through my inbox and added up all the attachments I have received on my computer and they total at most 30MB worth of data...

I will be on the phone with Telus again, but WTF is going on??
Offline   Reply With Quote