View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default What happened Tmobile? Why so expensive now?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a month past my the end of my 2 year contract. Tmobile sent me a letter saying:

Quote:
blah, blah, blah "...important customers like you... We are writing today to tell you about some very important changes to T-Mobile's rate plan, which could mean substantial savings over your current plan...
Of course they are just trying to lock me into another 2 year contract, which is completely expected. AT&T swamped me when that contract was ending.

Checking online, Tmobile is no longer inexpensive. I'm $20/month better off just staying with my current plan.

I have the Blackberry Minutes and Mail plan, $59.99 for 1,000 minutes, no nights and weekend minutes, unlimited data and email, and unlimited text messages. They made a mistake offering that plan because it was too cheap, but life isn't fair.

The lowest I can cobble together now is $79.99. I'd get only 500 anytime minutes but unlimited weekends and nights, and unlimited calling to other Tmobile custeroms, so theoretically a better plan. But I don't need those minutes.

Sprint is now my cheapest alternative at $69.99, AT&T $10 higher than Tmobile, and Verizon $20 higher. Even an iphone plan with just a sufficienct 200 texts is $74.99/month.

Hard choice, Tmobile. Stay month to month and be able to switch to any other provider at any time, or pay $20/month more and lock in another 2 years.
Offline   Reply With Quote