View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vance

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: spring
Post Thanks: 0
Default Questions regarding installation settings for Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

Hello!

My boss just got a Curve and I am installing the Desktop Manager. We need to sync the Manager to Outlook 2007, but we do not use Exchange at all. He currently gets his email on the Curve using the Yahoo mail connection, and all we really want to sync is calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. We definitely do NOT want to sync emails over to the Desktop Manager and then into the phone (he has about 7 GB of email files).

I am not sure what settings to select as it installs. One choice refers to Exchange, which we do not use, the other refers to Blackberry internet services, which I know nothing about. The first option does say that it should be used if you are syncing with Outlook, but is that what we want if we are not using Exchange?

After it is installed, how to do we make sure to only sync the elements of Outlook we want, and not emails?

BTW, we are using 4.3 rather than the 4.5 which came with the Curve because the Roxio Media Manager was a nightmare and messed up the first attempt to install. After clearing that out of the system, I followed some advice on these forums and am using this version instead.
Offline   Reply With Quote