Thread: USB Problems?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorel23 View Post
I have a problem with my Blackberry Curve 8330 on the Alltel network. The USB port does not seem to function properly any more. It did until last week. Here are the symptoms:

a) PC does not detect it as a drive and gives me this message: "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
b) Will not connect to BB Desktop Manager. (Works via bluetooth though. But that has its limitations.) Uninstalled and reinstalled DM twice.
c) Will not tether.

However it does show that the phone is charging when connected and the desktop does know it's there because it give the message. I have tried it on three computers with no luck. They are all computers that it worked on before. Any ideas? Dead USB or software problem? Thanks.
I had something similar in the past. If you're an admin on your system, right click My Computer and select Manage. Go to Device Manager and open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers while the phone is plugged in. Look for Blackberry Smartphone in the list. Highlight it and then right click it and select uninstall. Once uninstalled, unplug it - wait- then plug it in again and it should say New Hardware Found. Then try it again with Device Manager.

One footnote, Desktop Manager doesn't work with my firewall. It can't see it. I have to disable my firewall, log out and then in, and then Desktop Manager sees it. Pain in the a$$ for sure!
Offline   Reply With Quote