Thread: USB Problems?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
yorel23

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preroll View Post
I had something similar in the past. If you're an admin on your system, right click My Computer and select Manage. Go to Device Manager and open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers while the phone is plugged in. Look for Blackberry Smartphone in the list. Highlight it and then right click it and select uninstall. Once uninstalled, unplug it - wait- then plug it in again and it should say New Hardware Found. Then try it again with Device Manager.

One footnote, Desktop Manager doesn't work with my firewall. It can't see it. I have to disable my firewall, log out and then in, and then Desktop Manager sees it. Pain in the a$$ for sure!
Preroll, thanks for trying to help out. This was one of the first things I tried. However, when I go into device manager the only thing that shows up when I plug in the BB is "unknown device". If I click on that it shows that the device is working properly and that there are no drivers installed for this device. Like it knows it's there, but has absolutely no idea what it is!
Offline   Reply With Quote