View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
rdrum
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default Disappearing App World Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswyden View Post
Happens to me when I uninstall certain program icons for Apps thatI already uninstalled. For example, I downloaded several programs from App World then later decided to remove them. So far, Ive narrowed it down to Pixelated, Buzzed, and Bubble Amy Demo. (All of the icons say Archived). I've removed the apps, but when I try to delete the icons, it prompts that icons will be removed on next reboot. After the reboot, App World is uninstalled and the program icons I was trying to delete are still showing up. Weird. Hopefully they'll fix this soon. Annoying to have to keep reinstalling App World.
This happened to me a couple of times before as well. The trick is to delete apps (or archives) from within App World ( App World > My World > ...). If you just go to the BlackBerry menu and try to delete something it will also remove the icon for the App World (I say icon, because I have read other posts that indicate that App World itself is not uninstalled, that the bug simply removes the icon). A reinstall of App World will bring it all back to normal.

Try deleting apps from within App World and see if that makes a difference for you. It has for me.
Offline   Reply With Quote