View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chris-KH2PM

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NEXTEL
Post Thanks: 0
Thumbs up

I hate to hear that some of you are having issues with the latest firmware update. My first 3-4 installation attempts were not successful, but I finally got .313 to take.
I started the first update using BB Desktop Manager. It advised me there was
an update available, so I backed up my current info, and did the update.
The first error I encountered a red text popup stating, "a fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again". The error
referenced the application data could not be restored to my BB. I tried again, and received the same popup. I then read (studied) the forums here and found that I could download the installation executable from BlackBerry-DOT-COM and run it directly, so I tried that route. I still had issues, which were basically the white 507 screen every time. I reverted back to Desktop Manager and it actually worked. I was starting to get concerned but persisted knowing that I did not want to end up at the SPRINT store for hours waiting for someone to mess it up further..lol.

So far I have NO issues with Package Version 4.6.1.459/4.6.1.313.

I did some Direct Connect testing this evening and all of the other user's data shows up during the call, and after the call in the Call Log. I asked the other party to call me back in 30 seconds. Cleared my home screen and call log, and I again received all of the info (name, number etc) on the screen.
Direct Connect works GREAT on this phone. Very clear audio..I'm impressed.
I have two users that I daily text to using BlackBerry Messenger. No issues.
I receive all of my emails in a timely fashion. No home-screen issues entering text to dial, or in speed dial.

I hope to have more good updates regarding stability after a few more days.
Offline   Reply With Quote