View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsidiank
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0

It's one thing to try to help, its another thing to hand out advice on a much debated topic like as if your truth was the correct truth...and most importantly to do so without any regard that your information is incorrect.

We have enough contradictory information on this topic that we don't need another "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT THREAD", that contradicts previous threads...

I for one have had my internet working...and I didn't do any of the things he described. Additionally, I have been on the phone with business support, online chat with tech support, blackberry support...and in all my conversations one thing is certain...at least for me...

UNL BB includes wap.cingular and simply entering the relevant tcp information is good to go...however...wap.cingular exists in mutiple profiles on cingular's systems...back in the day, it was possible to get UNL BB added to your plan, yet have wap.cingular not be active...

Additionaly, the internet will also work if you have data connect, Wireless Internet Express, and any number of other additional options added to your account...however, then the debates rolls in about which one will cost you money...

Everyone has had a different story and different experience and that is why professing your way as the true way is a little irresponsible...I like others can appreciate teh effort...but I can also understand the flaming..