View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Matt_Stevens
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Red face A few quick Newbie questions - First Blackberry EVER!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all. New here. My first Blackberry is the Storm 2 (BB9550S2) and I have been using it since I got it this afternoon and reading this forum for hours. Pretty much all day. I've learned a lot, but need some quick basic help because the FAq's seem outdated and do not include the Storm line.

Ringtones: I've plenty of MP3's downloaded from Zedge (awesome site) but if I understand this, I need to convert them to another format for the Storm2 to use, yes?

Reading various posts I see (cannot post links yet) s4bb.com has a Blackberry Ringtone Generator for $14.99. Recommended?

Are there any free options out there?

Wallpaper: The screen resolution is 480x360? I've a number of original art pieces done for a comic book I am writing and would love to make some wallpaper. What specs should I stick too as far as file size, format (jpeg, tiff, bitmap, etc)?

Themes scare me. I read constant complaints about them slowing the phone down, crashing, etc, so I think I will stay away from that for a while. I need to get my feet wet first.

Thanks for the help here. I really have read a LOT of info this week. My eyes are actually hurting like mad from so much screen viewing, so I think I'll sign off for now.
Offline   Reply With Quote