An update just heard back from RIM support on the Sprint Tour...
you can go ahead and try the same steps with the Sprint 9630:
1) Increase Memory Cleaner setting to at least 60 minutes
2) Disable Content Protection (this would prevent scrubbing on the handheld)
3) Wipe device (with no previous data restored onto it prior to the activation)
4) Ensure that Content protection is "Off" and Security Timeout to 60mins (max)
5) Enterprise Activate the BlackBerry device, then turn "On" Content protection allow the device to complete encryption let the device lock.
Right now the latest software available from Sprint is 188.8.131.52. You can contact them to find out when a new version should be released to upload this on the Sprint BlackBerry.
WTH?? I know I am not crazy with this, but cmon.. we have got to have a fix for this...
Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. It is what you were put on earth to do.