View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mante

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vzw
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideo Gump View Post
There may/may not be a common element with the problem I experienced. My 9550 worked perfectly for about 10 days, then began rebooting itself. I first noticed it when driving on a bumpy gravel road; it happened several times when I pulled the USB charging cable; it happened lightly squeezing the touchscreen; it would happen reliably if I dropped the phone 1/2 - 1 inch flat onto a counter top. I concluded that it was behaving just like a battery pull maneuver each time. I suspected an intermittent electrical disconnect between the battery and the circuitry. I took the phone back to a Verizon store, traded for a new 9550, and have had no further issues. My problem may have been a unique one, or perhaps there is a build-quality issue with the 9550?
This is the best explanation I have seen for this problem but I fall under the same category as well.

I initially thought my first S2 had issues becuase I dropped it (while still in box) along with my S1 which actually hit the pavement. To no surprise the S1 was still on and ready to go. Long story short I am on my 2nd S2 and it is still restarting once it is touched.

Heading back to the Vzw store for a 3rd just because.

edit: why in the world does it take 10-15 min for this device to be usable?? SX86 chip inside??? Maybe DX

Last edited by Mante : 12-16-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: missed a point..
Offline   Reply With Quote