View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US
Post Thanks: 0

Loaded it up yesterday afternoon and I must admit, I am impressed. This upgrade took what I thought to be an already great phone and made it even better. The biggest change is the screen. It is much more "even" and the problem with the four bottom keys being unresponsive at times appears to be fixed. The ghost letters option is back (Options/Screen and Keyboard) and the ability to seperate and or combine all messages (SMS/MMS/E-mail) in to the main message folder (Messages/Options/Inbox Settings). For those of us on BES, we again have a messages folder named desktop (I believe this was in .328 for the S1). Dimming issue has been resolved also. Prior to the upgrade I hovered around 118 MB of free memory. I am now hovering at 128 MB. Battery life seems no different.

I have read of SMS/MMS and speed dial issues. Personally, the upgrade went smooth and I have experienced no problems. I highly recommend the upgrade. With any luck, Big Red will get on board with this one quickly.