View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cravenfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks, it will be hard not to use some of these fun apps!

I did download the Mini Monitor, seems to be working on my 4.5 OS. Flycast is indeed a huge drain on data, as one would expect...the monitor graph goes up above 10 bytes for in/out going data and just hangs there for each minute it's on. Ubbertwitter makes small mini spikes, Facebook as well. I tested sending a picture to FB and it spikes up about 10 bytes and makes a decent blog on the graph for about 10 seconds or so. (Still not 100% sure yet on the increments and time relation of the graph.) I see the bottom of the graph is minutes, so I'm guessing on the seconds. BBScanner only goes up to about 2 bytes in/out for as long as it's on.

The mini monitor logs your data usage by day and I can type in notes. I'll have to see how a work day vs. weekend effects the data pulls and what my average is per day. Relating my data usage to my peers, some of the guys at work don't even know you can open attachments on their Blackberry's. I'm no expert, but I do use this thing for it's intention, which is to balance work and family and life in general.

I'll have to do some more homework on usage and repost my findings here. Still will take any advice on the internal settings regarding data usage. I can't change the BES settings, but anything within the BB itself I can change. I usually do see what's running in the background for memory leakage and don't let things like BBScanner or Flycast run and walk away from the BB.