View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #1576 (permalink)
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

John,

I've not yet tried to follow your instructions on freeing up memory. I had read in another forum about freeing up memory by deleting the sample pictures folder. I tried that but I did not gain any memory. I then read in your post that starting with 4.5.0.52 and higher it doesn't do any good to remove them anyway. I am still puzzled about the whole memory issue. I have about 30 3rd party apps installed on my Storm 9530 with OS5. The most free app memory I have is about 15MB. I have read about people trying to get their app memory to stay at 40MB. I have never seen that much free memory. I would be happy to see 20MB. I know 30 is a lot of apps and it depends on the size of the apps but here is the strange thing. One of my co-workers who has the same phone and OS only has 8 3rd party apps. and his free app memory is only 17.4. He has apps like Gmail, Google maps, and a few other small apps but obviously not nearly as many as I have. I know this is a long shot but do you think being on a BES would have anything to do with memory usage? This is the only common denominator I can see between our phones.

Randy A.
Offline   Reply With Quote