View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)
Post Thanks: 9

I live in a northern suburb of Chicago; commute to work via car a few days a week. I am in a car a LOT during the weekends. I have texted while driving in the past and had a close call about 3 months ago because of it. Since that time, I have nearly... honestly.. nearly... entirely stopped texting while behind the wheel. I typically now only pick up my device when i am stopped at a traffic light. I am working on it. I use but seriously... I just have to remember that no email/text is that important that it cannot wait.

I fully support the law but riddle me this... what about the number of folks I see fiddling with their gps devices or their ipods while driving? Is that part of the law?

The other issue I have is about enforcement. You know, we have a law in Chicago (Cook county) prohibiting phone use -without an earpiece- while driving. I have witnessed many, many folks yakking away at slow speeds, high speeds... and it seems to be on the rise. I don't see how will the local jandarm jump on this new law when the current law seems to be unenforced.
Just my 14 cents.
"...lesson learned and the wheels keep turning..."
Offline   Reply With Quote