Thread: Abuse
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 139
Default Abuse

Please Login to Remove!

I know abuse in any form is wrong, but my question is how does one prove they're being mentally or emotionally abused? When you're physically abused, you have bruises, cuts, scars, maybe even broken bones as evidence. But when you're mentally or emotionally abused, you only have your word. That may not be proof enough in someone else's perspective.

Often those who are suffering from emotional or mental abuse, aren't believed when they try to open up and seek support or help. There are no signs for proof. It may take months or even years before someone listens and offers support to someone who is suffering emotional or mental abuse. When they do try to open up, they may be told they are too picky or too sensitive or it's all in their head. This can lead to them becoming more and more isolated in their feelings, which is very damaging.

So, how does one prove they're being emotionally or mentally abused? And more so, what is the best way to help someone in a situation where they're being abused in any way, shape, or form?
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote