Well, I figured out how to correct the way my phonebook "find" feature was not working...
- FIRST, I BACKED UP MY BLACKBERRY!!!
- Second, I selected "contacts>menu>options>wireless syncronization=off"
- Then, on the desktop manager, I used the "advanced" feature under backup/restore. I noticed that there were (2) address book enties in my phone's database. One was named "Address Book" and the other was named "Address Book-All".
- I highlighted each one and hit the "clear" button. This purged each of the entires for my phonebook. I checked my address book afterwards and confirmed there was nothing in it.
- Lastly, since I am connected to a BES, I simply turned the wireless sync back on and my contacts reloaded into my Blackberry.
- For users not on a BES, you can perform a "restore" or sync your phone to get your contacts back into the address book.