View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
NightFire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennytheSoprano View Post
Thank you! This does work. Is it an indicator that if I put my sim back in, they will not charge my account? I would think that if I was attempting to access their data network (or however you say it) that they would not let me actually access it without some sort of identification that they could send charges to. So maybe I was only accessing the internet via wi-fi? I do not wish to take my sim out every time I want to access the internet. I understand beggars cannot be choosers, but with my luck, I will lose the SIM and then be up a creek without a paddle. So I guess my question is, do I have to take my sim out each time, or will AT&T charge me for data if I don't?

As for the service books...

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I have looked at the service books and here are some of the service books I have.

WAP2 Browser config
WAP2 Transport
Wap Push Config
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport

And there are checkmarks next to all of them.

When I select Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport, I see that I do have a Gateway IP assigned to me, so that looks promising too.

Thanks again, guys for the suggestions! Please keep them coming!
To be honest, I cannot very well answer that first question, as I pay for both data and tethering (my only internet connection). But sometimes, I like to take my new 9700 to work (it's a personal device). So, I leave my SIM card with the hubby and the 8310. Granted I can only surf the Internet or use my media or share pictures. I rarely receive texts or use BBM, so that is no big loss for me for a few hours.
Offline   Reply With Quote