View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 7250
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 51

If you just want to save email on your pc, even after deleting it on your BB it should be in your Deleted Items folder in Outlook, as long as you don't have the BB set to delete mail from the server after downloading or to delete from handheld and server.

I'm a Mac user, but when I get mail in my MobileMe account and delete it from my BB it's still in the inbox of my Mail.app program on my Mac. I can save it to any folder I want. Additionally, Hotmail emails are handled the same way. Deleting an email off my BB gets me the prompt to delete from handheld or delete from server. As long as I just choose handheld the email remains in my inbox, marked as read, and can be filed away in a folder within Hotmail's web interface.

Although you cannot file to folders over BIS, you can mark an email as Saved on your BB and a copy will remain in a hidden Saved folder on the BB. To access it you would open Messages, hit the Menu key, and select View Saved Messages. You can delete an email from your inbox after saving it in this manner and the BB will retain that email in Saved Messages. Just be sure you have your BB set to save messages "Forever" and not to delete them after 30, 60, or 90 days. Messages > Options > General Options > Save Messages: Forever.

Last edited by rambo47 : 01-13-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote