View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimojoe
I get the reboot after bluetooth disconnects. Both Motorola BT devices (810 and 800) that worked perfectly on my old (now flat) 7250, seem to give the 7130e problems when disconnecting. Probably the other way around though. This is my second 7130e. The first one was a joke. After hours on the phone with VZW support, the only option left was return the phone. The second unit did work better, but still, the rebooting thing with BT. The other frustrating thing is associated with tethering. I consider tethering the feature that justifies the cost on this device. When it works, it works great. Unfortunately I am having a problem where my laptop (yes, I know it could be MY LAPTOP) all of a sudden doesn't recognize the USB device (7130). I then need to remove and reload the Desktop Manager and VZW Access stuff. It has only happened a couple of times, but too often for me.

To be fair, I posted in another thread the things I liked about this device and still stand by those comments. I believe that this rebooting thing will get patched and all will be well. Until then...........
I'm getting the same re-boot problem on BT disconnects, but it's hit or miss. I was thinking my BB was defective. Has anyone figured out a workaround, or is this something to live with until a fix is out?