Thread: call recording
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
jnsnfl

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0
Question Record a Call (sort of)

To point.. it is not anyone's responsibility to point out that recording a call may or may not be "legal" and there are enough remarks previously written to beat that horse many times dead.

There is no simple answer. There is a product that is on the verge of solving this problem for BB's or at least for Storms.

There is an app called BERRY RECORD which allows the user to create a voice memo while on a call ($2 one time fee). It will not collect the caller's voice in the recording per se. I put my phone on speakerphone and attempted to record the call and the callers voice was so faint it was painful to figure out.

The short coming of the software is with capturing the speakerphone. RIM has an API for this but it is close chested. The next generation of software for this (in-call) voice recorder is to actually pickup the speakerphone output more clearly. My voice was softer than the speakerphone but still the speakerphone was not picked up well. I imagine this will be coming soon to a BB near you.

And for the legal-eagles who must tell us all what we can and can't do... bugger off!
Offline   Reply With Quote