Originally Posted by JSanders
I'd love to know what apps on his 15 yo PDA are so vital.
I was going to stop posting on this thread, but T-Mobile just offered me an 8520 with no data plan (because I wasn't required to have a data plan before). After RIM closed the case on my black-screen problems, I'll try the 8520... and check out BB apps instead of my old PDA. Here are the HP200LX apps I use. if you have suggestions for ways to do this on a BB, I'd be glad to hear!
- I can save calendar/to-do entries in separate files (monthly, yearly, ...) and keep them on the media card (so I have 15 years' worth of data with me). I can search all those files and open any of them from the calendar app to view previous calendar entries. Very handy on the road.
- Pocket Quicken lets me keep track of expenses, then transfer them to Quicken on my desktop PC.
- Built-in database lets me build lists with whatever fields I want, save in multiple files, password-protected, select and clip out fields in any format.
- Customize contact list to have the fields I want, in whatever order and layout.
- Write custom macros to automate operations in all other apps.
- There's no difference between storing files in device memory or on the media card, so I can keep a complete history of all my files for 15 years on the media card... save, search, and restore any files for any apps at any time (without needing a separate computer where I'd "synced" the data).
Thanks for any advice.