This will load on ANY carrier's 8330 by following the instructions below.
This is only for the 8330 model (ESN ONLY)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.1244 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 126.96.36.1994
* Applications: 188.8.131.528
* Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
* File name: 8330AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel724_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1688_Boo st_Mobile.exe
* File size: 90.38MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...753EB7335C4258
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
For the previous OS, see this link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...n-devices.html How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device. From the main menu, select Options -> About (this is the ONLY way to check)
ESN devices - On the About screen you will see 8330
MEID devices – On the About screen you will see 8330m
NOTE – You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.