View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
soulman978

Model: 9850
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinglock40z View Post
Wirelessly posted

First of all I'll repeat this. I never mention to people that I'm a police officer ESPECIALLY when it can be construed that I'm trying to get better treatment. And it was never a fact of a police officer getting better service but if people on government accounts getting better service. Noodles I completely agree with you about the ego of some officers. It actually drives me up the wall.

Soulman, I think your perception of what actually constitutes insurance fraud is a tad flawed. Just so you are familiar; the legal defintion of fraud is:

A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another.
Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage.

In the U.S. legal system, fraud is a specific offense with certain features. And in no way did I commit any type of fraud. Just a little FYI, I was an investigator for 4 long years where I investigated several types of fraud cases.
Did you let them know BEFORE you bought the insurance that the phone was essentially a paperweight? If not, then you concealed that material fact in an effort to collect the insurance (new phone).