View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Post Thanks: 0

The iPad will sell because of hype and advertising, not because it's high tech (it isn't). No multitasking, no camera/video and not that much memory (64GB) for $700 is no bargain. The new Lenovo will be $1000 and will be a laptop with removeable tablet portion, so the best of both, with gobs or memory and features. The iPad will be pitched to people who aren't too sophisticated tech-wise, and who want something simple to use that will easily show the little darling's pictures to folks, and let them see downloaded movies and read their book when they're in a hotel or at the pool in Scottsdale. No business user will go anywhere near it. I have nothing against this concept. I have an iTouch myself that I rarely ever use that was a gift from my wife. I have a bunch of movies on it I rarely watch, I deleted the email (why get it in 4 places?) and use my trusty iPod 5G in my car and at home for music. I wipe the dust off the screen once a week and charge it. Same will happen with the MaxiPad.