View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
jojo6
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default i am a tired blackberry supporter

Please Login to Remove!

i love my blackberry. i have had one since the 7200 series was the lastest. they always work. i never have syncing problems even back when i was on BIS and had to hard wire sync my calendar and contacts. i am the "tech guy" in my department. i work in a hospital. i work for 8 surgeons and 2 PhD's. it took me about 3 years to convert all the treo users over to blackberry. all but one have been happy. the one is the doc that bought a storm after i warned him, but he had to have a touch screen. it has been a little flaky.

Well this week one of the our docs traded his blackberry in for a palm pre. now he is going office to office showing all the other docs and since they are technology infants they are just giddy over it. [look, you touch the screen and things move and its bright and shiny.]

he bought a third party app so his email and calendar sync (i assume wirelessly). since we use groupwise we are limited a bit on things like this. groupwise is what has kept the iphone (which i like but not ready to give up my blackberry for it, but not for the reason you think) out of the office.

i have just decided to not voice my opinion anymore. i will just let them get their shiny toys and when they break they will have to find their own support.

well that is my rant. i have never done one before. it was mildly therapeutic.
Offline   Reply With Quote