Just got my warranty replacement 8900 from Tmo cause the 8900 i have now is acting up and has trackball issues (the replacement they sent me has a sticky trackball btw
1. I connected to my Win7 Pro 64 bit PC to do the upgrade to 5.0 (1st without sim card, then with sim card from another line without bb data plan)
2. Ran DM to update s/w, selected os 5.0 from the list, then it takes me to a screen where I'm supposed to select apps (i dont want to add apps, just upgrade) but next is grayed out, i can only do main menu or back. If I add an app, all it will let me do is add an application, not upgrade the os.
3. Of course I deleted vendor.xml from \common files\res...\apploader
4. Ran loader.exe manually and got the same thing.
5. Connected my existing phone running os 18.104.22.1681, and got to the next screen where you select which apps on the phone you want to keep.
So the only thing I can think of is to put the original sim with the bb data plan on it in the phone? But this doesn't make alot of sense to me. Your thoughts/comments/experiences/suggestions are appreciated.