View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
SOL27

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Post Thanks: 0
Default Determining Water Damage on Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Hi.

I've had my phone for 10 days, and the very first day I got it, it started messing up (froze a couple of times).

A couple days later, all the sounds stopped playing (all incoming text, ringtones, etc.).

On the 9th day, the keypad stopped working completely. So upon finding this out, I took the phone back immediately to my provider (Telus). The guy takes the trackball out and tells me there's water damage in it.

Now, this is ridiculous because my phone has not been exposed to water. Especially the amounts of water I've been told (by Telus customer service) should cause the indicator to trip. At most, and I mean at most, I would've washed my hands, dried them thoroughly, then checked some missed messages. It's never been in the rain, or even outside my pockets for more then 30 minutes much less "exposed" to water or heavy moisture.

My provider accused me of basically running it under a tap. Theres no point in lying if this was actually the case, but my phone has never been in contact with water.

What can I do to check if there is water damage on the phone myself? My carrier (Telus) refuses to do anything about it. Not even offer a repair, just sell me a new phone. They didn't even offer me upon buying this thing any kind of insurance, or extended warrenty in case something like this happened.

What can I do to remedy this problem?

Thank you.
Offline   Reply With Quote