View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
haydenm315

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Looks like I'm not alone. My paperweight2 has been rebooting on me sporadically. I did the drop test today on my desk and low and behold it rebooted.

I took a look at the battery compartment. There are 4 spring loaded pins that make contact with the battery. The contacts on the battery are slightly recessed but it seems like they should make good contact with the device. I think the phone has poorly designed contacts. The battery door has a thin piece of foam to hold the battery in place.

After reseating the battery, I tried to get the device to reboot while fiddling with the battery and was unsuccessful. Now I'm having trouble getting to reboot with the drop test. Sounds like this lemon is gonna put on quite a performance at the verizon store. I hope the thing falls on it's face like it's been doing for the last couple months every day or so. It's not looking good though. I'm shaking the crap out of it.... dropping it.. and now it's not rebooting now. Finally got it to go down again lightly tapping the long edge on the table.
Offline   Reply With Quote